8.05.2013

July favorites 2013




So yeah, monthly favourites.
My skin not been so great this month, so I've been focusing more on using the correct skin care (as in not just slapping on the effaclar duo and call it a day).
I've been loving the Kiehl's Ultra Facial oil-free toner sample that I got a few months ago, although it's not alcohol free, it does not feel drying. I'd say that this is a hydrating toner, it leaves the skin feeling moisturized but really fresh at the same time.
So I've been having breakouts that my tea tree oil won't even really speed up the healing with. I got the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand when my friend got it (I think it was buy two and get discount or something). It turns out to be really good. There's a night side and a day side, the night side is the milky side, that heal without drying and the day side is clear and is a tad more dry. It encourages the white pus and impurities in my pimples to surface and therefore heal faster. It also serves as a substitute to my constant picking of the pimples, whenever I want to pick them, I whip this out and apply on to areas where needed.
I've also been skipping out on foundation a lot this month and only sticking to concealer, highlighter, bronzer and powder. It sounds like it's more than what I normally wear but although I've increased the products I used I have decreased the area that has been covered up by makeup, so less melting of the face (Hong Kong is trés hot during this time of the year). So I usually just conceal my blemishes and undereye with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light (I am finally tan enough for this not to show up as a dark pink on my skin) then highlight the cheekbones with the Lancome teint miracle in #01  and lightly contour with my Topshop Bronzer in Mohawk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment