6.20.2013

NOTD: another one coat polish and my quick dry products

So I decided to try out one of my new conquests from Topshop today and was DELIGHTED to find out I only need one coat of crystal clouds for full coverage. Another time saver! And the best thing is even with just one coat, it does not look uneven or look like its just one coat, the shimmer (near glitter) was applied evenly with one coat. The brush (thought not as thick as the Nicole by OPI ones) was great in distributing the polish an does not leave streaks like Essie brushes.

I've been meaning to talk about nail drying products for quite a while now. And everytine I do a nail post I forget to photograph my babies. Without them I won't even bother painting my nails because they will take AGES to dry.

I have discovered that KATE do a quick dry spray last summer, since then my life is completely changed. I explored more nail polishes because I know no matter how many coats I put on, just a quick spray, then everything is dry within 30 minutes tops. If I am only applying one coat of polish, then I can resume normal activities within 3 minutes of putting it on. It is a compressed gas bottle and it feels very icy upon application (cold helps nail polish dry faster). But a downside to this product is that you do need to let the nails dry for a minute or two before you spray, or the droplets from the mist will create dimples in your polish. But this spray is a complete steal, it is just under HKD 40 and I am already on to my second bottle if the stuff.

To avoid the aforementioned problem, I ventured out to try the more traditional drip dry oils. I have this one from Nicole by OPI, which is slightly pricer at HKD 80 a pop. But I find that this takes longer for nail polish to dry, or probably it's because the oil does not evaporate as quickly as the KATE spray. This will not affect the finish of your polish what so ever, an feels quite 'nourishing' (since it is an oil).



No comments:

Post a Comment