12.26.2012

2012 Favorites

Hi There! It's almost the end of the year already, good times fly by so fast. I'm hoping I could share some of my yearly favorites with you guys before I go off to a trip to Korea. =]



Skincare Favourites
Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
Ettusais Lip Essence (Deep Moist)
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic


The Bioderma Sensibio was an instant favourite the moment I first tried it, it cleanses without leaving a film like sensation on the skin and now act as my favorite morning cleanser when I am lazy. Effaclar Duo really helped with my comedomes, I'm not sure if it works on whitehead acne though. I usually follow with a dab of  tea tree oil over broken acne/whiteheads after moisturizer, if my acne is bad, i use it as an allover face oil (becareful, the smell stings quite a bit if its too close to the eyes)



Makeup Favorites
UGB Premium Crystal Beblesh Balm
Max Factor Lash Extension Mascara/ Covergirl Lashblast length
MAC Blot powder in Medium
Shiseido Translucent Loose Powder
Koji Eye Talk

The UGB BB cream is actually my mom brought me from her earlier trip to Korea, I like my BB creams to feel a bit thick (so that it does not go all liquidy and dries to an unflattering oily wet finish like some of them do) and this feels great on the skin. It applies a bit too pale on the skin, but give it five to ten minutes and it will gradually adjust to your coloring (not sure if the same applies to medium to dark skin tones). 
The Shiseido Loose Powder is actually a sample pot i got long ago, it does not make you look white or cakey and its perfect for winter to preserve that slightly dewy look, but this does almost nothing in summer. 
MAC blot powder is the BEST powder I've ever tried, since Hong Kong's weather is such a bitch. I'm quite oily in the T-zone (especially the nose) and this (although does not maintain matte appearance for the whole day) actually controls my oiliness and does not make me look like an oil slick after a few hours (on good days, one application in the morning can last me the whole day, only looking slightly dewier in the evening)
The Max factor mascaras are basically just more expensive versions of the covergirl mascaras. This lengthening formula is gives length and volume in the most natural way, it lengthens but it does not scream MACARA HERE! It's like an undercover mascara. Gotta love this stuff.
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Asian eyelid enhancing products, Koji Eye Talk is actually an eyelid glue (helps create double eye lids) I only use it as eyelid glue when I need to apply eyeliner (my crease on the right eye is more hooded and actually covers the lash line, making even eyeliner on both sides extremely difficult) other times I use it as lash glue. I prefer this over regular lash glue because I find that some lash glues are very difficult to remove and leaves an undesirable 'sticky stain' on eyelids and fake lashes. This, however, dries to a clear finish and is easily peeled off or washed off and still holds fake lashes perfectly. Plus it has a brush applicator so no fuss involved. It has been a great companion for my dance performances.

So here are my favorites for 2012, tell me what's yours in the comment section!



No comments:

Post a Comment