1.24.2013

Covergirl Lashblast length and Max Factor Lash extension Effect Mascara Comparison and review

I have always wanted to try Covergirl's famous mascaras but never really got the chance to, until I stumbled upon one in a drugstore in Japan and I thought, I should give it a shot. Once I actually tried it, it was instant love. It gives a very natural finish (does not clump), the formula is not wet and it's water resistant (won't smudge as easily as normal washable but still removable with just water). But when it dried out after a couple of months, I was devastated because you just can't get the same mascara in HK, and then I remembered Max Factor's False Lash effects (I'm guessing its an equivalent of the original Lash blasts) and a replacement was found. Sad thing is Max Factor mascaras are twice the price of Covergirl products. The two products are so similar they could almost pass as identical. So I decided to do a comparison

Packaging


Lash Extension Effect (LEE)comes in a more environmentally friendly wrapping just just a simple piece of plastic, whereas Lashblast Length comes in a package that allows you to see what the wand is like. They look almost identical in the shape of the product.

Brush

upper: Lash extension effect
Lower: lash blast length
Although the brushes look the tiniest bit different, they are basically the same. Thy are both rubber brushes that are amazing in separating and coating the lashes.

Bare Lashes




Lashblast length
Lash Extension effect
Lash Extension effect retails in HK for HKD$128 whereas I got Covergirl through a friend studying in the US for US$7 (about HKD$56). There are miniscule differences between the two, but I definitely prefer Covergirl simply because it offers the almost identical product with a far lighter price tag.








No comments:

Post a Comment