1.15.2013

No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin SPF15 Review

I was trying to stray away from my old spf moisturizer when I found this, although I do find SPF15 not enough for HK sun exposure, I still gave it a shot.
Official description: 
No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal / Oily Skin is a light, non-pore blocking formula enriched with zinc to balance oil production and prevent breakouts.
No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream is the second and final step to complete your Beautiful Skin routine, through perfect moisturisation. With three formulations to suit every skin type, Beautiful Skin Day Creams lavish skin with TLC to hydrate, energise and balance.
With the added protective power of SPF15 and 5★UVA technology, the multitasking moisturisers help skin fight the harmful effects of the sun and keep you looking as young as possible. There’s also a range of night creams for every skin type, too, for truly tailored skin nutrition 24 hours a day.

It is a nice cream that gives enough moisture and is emollient enough for winter weather (although it is catered for oily skin) It does not turn out greasy or sticky, oil control is okay. I must say that this cream is formulated for a much drier climate, since Hong Kong is quite humid and sunny most of the time (even in winter) this cream would only work for oily skin in the colder months and I am almost sure it will be too heavy for summer use.
I was also not satisfied with the sun factor, for Hong Kong SPF 15 is not enough, only tolerable during winter and spring.
Since I have a sample of the night cream, I find it very interesting that the day cream is actually heavier than the night cream (shouldn't it be the other way round?)
Day cream, a heavier consistency
Night cream, a more gel like consistency
Although it claims to be hypo-allergenic, the cream itself is quite heavily fragranced, those who have extra sensitive skin or do not like fragranced products should keep this in mind.
Overall, it is a pleasant cream to use during the winter months, but I was not fully what I am looking for in a day moisturizer. Those of you who live in drier climates may find it to be perfect, but it does not work in more humid/sunny climates. I would not consider repurchasing this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment