1.21.2013

POUDRE SIGNÉE DE CHANEL ILLUMINATING POWDER Review








I was never the type to really appreciate luminizers/highlighters, but was tempted to try the new Poudre Signee de chanel illuminating powder simply because of it's wonderful design. This is from Chanel's Spring 2013 Spring Limited Edition collection and retails for HKD$540. It is very expensive considering I'd probably get very few use out of it, but I decided to make it my birthday treat.
The compact comes with a velvet pouch
Inside there is a small covering to protect actual powder, probably also protects the mirror from the powder too. 

Complimentary Application Sponge can be put in to a slot in the pouch. 

Unused

Moonlight colored in different lighting


The camera did not really capture the true color, it is actually slightly peachy/rosy/beige. 

Very fine iridescence

Embossing is very easily smudged

Sorry for the extremely washed out picture, but as you can see it gives a nice iridescent sheen on the tops of my cheekbones. 

  First impression: I thought the packaging would be heavier.

  I was actually slightly disappointed that the packaging felt quite plasticky on my hand, but it definitely looks more expensive than the packaging feels like but I guess this is a pro, at least it will be travel-friendly.The powder is embossed with lipsticks, flowers and the iconic chanel double C. It is so beautiful that it took me a lot of courage to finally swatch it. The only sad thing is that I hope the embossing is a bit deeper so that it won't be as easily smudged off.

 The illuminating powder is like a dream, it is an incredibly beautiful champagne color that does not come off as too yellow, like some of the other highlighters I've seen. It is not glittery or overly shimmery, it provides a real discreet glow to the face and the shimmery-ness is not detectable unless the other person is standing incredibly close to you. Although it may seem that it is not very "pigmented", only a very small amount is needed to do the job, one swipe and you are instantly granted with a heavenly glow.

  The applicator is very soft and moussey and feels very expensive, but may not be a good idea for application. I find it a bit awkward and too heavy handed, I think a brush is better for this job. Since this highlighter is so fine, I think it can work on a wide range of different skin tones. Also because of its peachiness, I don't think it will come off as ashy when used on darker skin tones.


No comments:

Post a Comment