3.02.2013

February Favourites 2013



This month had been quite exciting with all the Chinese New Year celebrations. It was also quite exciting that I have discovered that they sold Collection (formerly collection 2000) in Hong Kong (slowpoke me)! I bought several of their products and the quality is quite astonishing! I don't think I have ever came across such good quality with products it's price.

Collection Illuminating Touch brightening concealer in 02 Natural HKD$39 (OMG, can you believe the price???)
When I first got to the Collection counter, I actually wanted to pick up the famous lasting perfection concealer(in a doe foot applicator packaging). But apparently they only carry the illuminating concealer, I was a little disappointed but I gave this a shot anyway. At first, on the back of my hand, the color look way too pink toned, but it worked quite well with the color of my face (My face has probably the worst coloring ever,I am always between shades, and everything is either too orange or too pale for me). It is very easy to blend without rubbing off in the process of blending (with fingers). The best thing about this is that it works on both my under-eye area AND the rest of my face. (usually whats good for my acne scarring is horrible for my dark circles and what is good for my dark circles are usually too orange for my face). Downside is their crap packaging, although I only had this for like a week, the words on the packaging are already rubbing off, and every time I hold it the printing transfer on to my hand. If I put it in my makeup bag, the printing is going onto the lining. So this is on house arrest until all the printing has been rubbed off from the packaging.

Collection Primed and Ready smoothing make up primer (HKD$79)
This is probably the most expensive thing at the collection considering you only get 18ml of products (I think the common practice for primers are to give you at least 30ml of product). Despite the small amount you are getting, a little goes a long way, since too much will make your face feel overly slippery. A little bit of this will mattify your skin and create an incredibly smooth surface for your make up to glide on. It also provides a good 2-3 hrs of oil control without using powder to set your makeup. I usually use this in conjunction with my Vitalumiere Aqua.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Skin perfecting makeup in B20 Tendre (HKD$410)
This is still in this month's favorite, although I said that it kind of oxidizes. Now I think it's not really oxidizing that much, but rather the shade is not right. It's a bit too pink for my skin tone, and of course stupid me did not double check all the colors available at the counter. Turns out Hong Kong chanel has a BO21, a more yellow version of the B20 Tendre I have. If I ever finish this bottle and repurchases, I'll go get the BO21. 

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Espresso (HKD$205)
oooooooh, this is another pricey splurge (*guilty gulp*). I wouldn't say this eyeliner is overly amazing, but it's creamy enough to be applied between the lashes without it smudging all over the place like NARS larger than life eyeliner does. But it's still waterproof without being pokey as hell (like some of the japanese waterproof eyeliners). The dark brown color is also internse enough so it darkens my lashline and creates the perfect no makeup makeup look.

Bourjois Healthy Mix serum in 52 vanille(HKD$168, I have no idea why this is cheaper than other bourjois foundation)
52 is more neutral in shade than 53 (more yellow), but it serves to brighten up my skin tone, which is very handy when meeting the relatives during Chinese New Year. I definitely think that the serum foundation runs a bit lighter than the regular healthy mix foundation. This foundation has the same fragrant scent of the healthy mix foundations, but is more watery and lighter than the regular healthy mix in both coverage and consistency. This is a much more dewy foundation, perfect for colder weather. Although it's promoted as a gel foundation, I think its even lighter than a gel, it definitely has a very unique consistency, but i'd say more like a very light moisturizer (akin to the shiseido mattifying moisturizer) than a gel. But it's feels great on the skin, makes you feel like you drank an energy boost drink through your skin.

Covergirl Lashblast length mascara in black (USD$7, i think...)
Go read my comparison on the lashblast length and it's max factor equivalent here. I have raved enough about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment