4.24.2013

E.L.F Review: Eye products


So I've brought a bunch of e.l.f stuff....yes I know that this is a bit too much. This blog post is going to be reviews on eye products. I love most of the eye products except for 2.. their's 1 product that i hate a lot.. like a lot.....

Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow

I always love cream eyeshadows, I love them. I make sure I have at least a nice brown and Champagne or gold in my kit. Because it can instantly add glossiness to the eyes and a good amount of sparkles and yet not over powering the look.



Confetti
This is a white cream shadow with sliver sparkles in them. Reminds me a lot of one of channel's cream eyeshadow "Fantasme" no.81. Kristian Stewart's make up artist always use this on the inner corner of her eyes, I read that in one of her interview or something. Even in the movie. speaking of that.. the make up in twilight breaking dawn part 2 is amazing..love it!  

Taupe
Though it looks more gold to me but i do love this colour. 

Party
This colour is a bit harder to blend, it creases easily because it's a dark colour and in order to build up to this amount of darkness I have to apply quite a lot of it on my eyelids. but I still love this colour, it could be very useful for a quick 10 mins evening look. 

Celebration

This is the consistency of the cream product. It is very sheer but it has a large amount of glitter in it. Which is not neccessarily a bad thing, it will work really well under or over an eyeshadow, to add as a highlight or base. I love this product a lot.

Swatches: Confetti, Taupe, Celebration, Party.
being sheer is not a bad thing, as long as it's creamy and it glids on the lids smoothly then it is a good product to work with. And this is indeed more then a good product, this is my favorite product from e.l.f!

 Pigment Eyeshadow


It's good that it comes with a brush, and the brush is not bad as well.

The container is huge, they don't have much product in it though, only 1.5gs of pigments, which is very little, but for $3USD.. it's worth it.. plus it's really hard to finish 1 jar or pigment, so that's fine for me. 

this is how the packaging looks inside. 

Golden bronze 

Breeze Blue
I have to say i love this colour, I love the glitter in it

a Closer shot of Breeze Blue. The Glitter is really pretty, reminds me of night sky.

Passionate Purple
A very standard royal purple. nothing special to me, but definitely a beautiful shade for all you purple lovers.
Apply a thicker amount of foundation on eyelids when using this colour, because this colour will stain your eyes! But it didn't irritate my eyes.

Innocent Ivory
Really amazing colour. A white with a pink shimmer in it, perfect for highlighting. All over the face, Cheekbones, tear ducts, forehead, nose bridge, brow bone. You can even mix this in your loose face powder, it will look amazing, trust me :)

Swatches Top with foundation as base, Bottom with Elf's Makeup lock and seal (which is like mac's mixing medium or make up for ever's Eye seal)

Left to right: Golden Goodness, Taupe, Breeze Blue, Passionate Purple, Innocent Ivory. 

beware, the Purple colour is so strong it will stain your skin, but don't panic, because it will fade away within a few hours

 Eye Enhancing Eyeshadow

So this palette have different colours made for different eye colour. I have brown eyes so I choose this "Brown eye 1" Palette. 

Mirror is included in this

don't think they have names for these shades so...
A taupe. a shimmery purple hue red, a dark chocolate brown, a skin tone matte colour, a golden brown shimmer shade and a matte navy blue ( not so dark though)

Swatches

 Eye Widener Pencil


This is $1USD cool concept for having a bult-in sharpener but the product itself is not so good.  


Swatch
it's really creamy when applied on the hand, but not so creamy on the eye.
for eyes, the products have to be extra gentle, if it looks good on the back of your hand, it might not even show up on your eyelids because eyelids are very gentle and sensitive. 

This is show it looks when I apply this on the waterline, not visible. and the pencil is shimmery, which is not really safe to put inside the waterline.

Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon

worst product I've ever encountered!


$3usd! Photographs beautifully

The swatches are beautiful, I love the colours.
but it is impossible to draw on eyes because the crayon is very dry and stiff, i've swatched this over and over again and i really rubbed the colour into the back of my hand to get this result.
I've applied many layer of that blue colour on my eyes, but it's not even showing up slightly bit! 

I've tried scraping out the crayon and pressed it on on my mixing plate, applying it with a brush, doesn't work.
I've also tried putting it in the mircowave for 30 seconds, doesn't work.

I've mixed the crayon with 1 pump of olive oil and that's the result.

still...this doesn't look flattering at all. It creases, it has dried pieces of crayons coming out every now and then.
Just do me a favor and don't buy this product please!

Apologize for my pimples.. ><  








I hope this review was helpful! :) Coming up next I will be reviewing some lips and face products :)



No comments:

Post a Comment