4.22.2013

NOTD: Essie Not Just A Pretty Face

So last Saturday I went by a nail polish boutique recommended by my good friend Vanessa (you may know her from the other posts on this blog), I was hoping to pick up the widely loved mademoiselle by Essie, but found this little baby instead.

Not just a pretty face is a beautiful strawberry milk color with no shimmer. I picked this up because it looked more pigmented on the swatches the boutique provided than mademoiselle. The color is incredibly gorgeous and really springy, but the only complaint I have with the nail polish is that it's too runny and not pigmented enough. One coat will only give you a very pale pale pale base coat like effect, but it's difficult to apply because of the runnyness of the polish. Polish from the handle of the brush will rush towards the brush to ruin your coat before you have time to react. I wonder if all Essie polishes are like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment