4.18.2013

Rimmel Apocalips review

Yeah, so I know I'm late on the bandwagon to review the rimmel apocalips, which everyone and their mother had already tried. 

Since their debut, I asked my friends in the UK to help me get some, I got them in 400 Nude Apocalips and Big Bang.





I know I'm lazy and used the same picture as the haul post, please ignore the concealer.
Left: Nude Eclipse
Middle: Big Bang
I apologize for falshing you all with my horrible acne scar by not wearing makeup before the lip swatches....I'm too lazy -____-
Big Bang
Nude Eclipse
Nude Eclipse is a pink beige nude color with no Shimmer. Looks HORRID on me in real life, the photo made it look 100 times better. It looks really unnatural in real life. Big Bang, on the other hand, is a gorgeous blue red that brightens up my complexion. I would describe the product as an opaque gloss or a gloss/lipstick hybrid, or i guess it could be called a lip lacquer. What ever it is, it gives opaque color (your lips will not show through no matter how light the color of the product is) with a very nice shine to them (though not really as shiny as a real gloss is, but close enough).
Top: Nude Eclipse
Bottom: Big Bang


The packaging is very futuristic and space-ish, with a unique doefoot applicator. As seen in the photo, it is hollow in the middle, quite similar to the applicators of the YSL glosses (without the water drop shape). The hollow allowed the applicator to pick up enough product for a single application. The applicator is slanted enough for precise application (although you do have to be quite steady handed).

One thing I really dislike about the apocalips is their taste and smell. They taste and smell like AWFUL plastic. The two colors have the same scent but for some reason I can tolerate it with Big Bang but I just cannot bear it on Nude Eclipse. I don't think I've seen other bloggers comment on their scent, but I am incredible aware of it.

Do not purchase if you hate weird scents in lip products.

No comments:

Post a Comment